Monday, October 09, 2006

Inquotable Quotes

As a tribute to my brother Mark Janke I have amassed a few quotes from one of our funnier teachers....Dr. Buchholz. Mark first told me about recording teacher's comments out of context (severely in some cases) in order to stay awake in class and see the humor in life. I gotta tell you, it worked beautifully because it got me through 5 courses from Dana Thompson at Walla Walla College. By course 5 I could have just gone down my list and checked the Thompson's quote off again whenever he used the same quote, but I digress.
Now I'm STILL going to school and I've been quoting this teacher, not to stay awake (that is rarely a problem since I don't want to fail and owe the school my soul), but to help me remember whatever it was he was talking about when he said it and still to see the humor in life. We'll see if it workes.

And now a few Inquotable quotes from our Pharmacology teacher Dr. Buchholz.

4) The two most exciting days in boating are 1. the day you buy the boat and 2. the day you dump the dang thing off a cliff.

3) I've taken a lot of eyeballs out when I worked for the eye bank. (Cholinomimetic drugs)

2) I just wanna get a gun, shoot 'em all and let God sort out the rest. (Clonidine, see I remember)

1) Tell that to a fetus!

I'd have plenty more, but I only started the second to last lecture he had this quarter. Maybe more text quarter. Thanks Mark!

4 Comments:

Blogger Adam Farnsworth said...

I did tell that to a fetus, and the jerk smacked me! Just FYI... :-)

12:03 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

I guess he's not a sailor.

7:39 AM  
Blogger mysterio said...

The other comment I forgot to put down is one of my favorites:

"Don't take away my nippy bottle"

9:08 AM  
Blogger greekspeedoman said...

I'm glad I could inspire such a blog of humor and learning. I won't remember what you were studying. I will only picture a man removing the eyeballs to a fetus going off a cliff in a boat!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home